Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Updating to iOS7

It has been a while since our last blog update. We were too busy keeping up with our lives and research. Nothing much has happened, but the highlight for me today was the iOS 7 update. Nothing much to share, just some screenshots of the update process (only the ones when screen shot is available).

It has been the same screen since morning.

I've been waiting for the iOS7 update since morning, and by the afternoon I found out that the update will be rolled out in UK at 18:00 GMT. So I waited patiently while doing my work at the library. I tried two minutes before the release time, and got lucky. 

I was very excited to see this!

I clicked on the download button straight away.

But then I decided to go home because the update indicates that I have to spend another hour for the download and install to finish. I thought the download will continue once I reached home, but sadly, it came out with errors instead.

So I tried to redownload for several times, and finally after 4 hours of retrying I managed to download the update without errors. The phone turns off the iOS 6.1.3 for the last time and reboots iOS 7.0 for the first time.

Hello iOS 7

This is my screenshot. 

As you all might have known, the icons in iOS 7 is very bright and I might take some time to get used to it. Some of the things that I like about the new OS are as follows:
  1. Newsstand can be put into a folder
  2. The photos are put into collections and can be browsed easily
  3. There's a FaceTime app icon
  4. Control center, of course.
  5. Folders can accommodate more 12 apps.
Still, there are some things that I might miss.
  1. The skeuomorphism note.
  2. Color codes in the old calendar.
I think that's about it. Nothing more to miss. All in all, I like the new iOS 7, it gives a new breath to my 2-year-old iPhone 4s. Now I can suppress the urge to buy a new phone for another year or so. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...