Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Samsung Galaxy Tab vs iPad



I just came back from reading a PC magazine and am quite shocked to see that the magazine only gave 4/6 stars to Galaxy tab while giving 5/6 stars to iPad and Dell Streak. Dell Streak has been on the market for quite some time, and I consider it as a handphone rather than a tablet. After all, it is just 5", only 1" bigger than other smartphones.

Now forget about Dell Streak and back to the 2 big giants. According to the review, they say that the Android OS is not made specifically for tablets, while iOS is. The claim might be true, because Apple has a great track record in making good OSes, while Galaxy Tab is just a tablet that using a on the shelf OS.

Whatever it is, I do consider that the inability of iPad to make a phone call, take photos and read/write SD card is surely a big minus. As a matter of fact, it is just showing the bad side of Apple trying to squeeze as much money as they can from the consumers.

If I get the money to buy between these two, I'll buy Galaxy Tab without any hesitation... (or maybe once)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salam..
I am the owner of Galaxy Tab ver 2.2 Froyo for about 7 months and I can say that it is worth buying it..
the reason I chosen Galaxy tab instead of ipad due to it's ability to make a phone call/sms/video conference which I can get all the application in just one tablet..
recommended!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...