Nikon D5000 - Nikon D90
I always browse on the Internet, looking for some clarification saying that D5000 is a good camera, but usually, a lot of people would join the threads and saying that D90 is a better camera, and D5000 is a cut throat version of D90.
Let me help those who is currently undecided on which one to buy. Here are some characteristics that might help.
Get a Nikon D5000 if...
- You're accustomed to LCD view in a compact digital camera
- You don't have enough money to buy a D90
- You like to take pictures of flowers without getting your trousers dirty
- You like to take pictures from odd angles
- You like to take picture of yourself or with timer settings
Get a Nikon D90 if...
- You're pretty sure that you want to be a professional photographer someday
- Picture quality is your main consideration (D5000 might have a slightly darker picture than D90)
- You have plenty of Nikon AF (without motor) lenses. (D5000 requires a AF-S, HSM or BIM lenses for auto focusing)
I hope the listing helps... Whatever it is... a new version replacing D90 will be out soon.