Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Don't Overspend Your Credit Card


I'm thinking about writing about borrowing. Previously, I thought that it is OK to borrow money, but once I borrow, then only I know the true colours of borrowing. It is like an invisible rope.

It is very tempting to get something you really want just by giving up your name / address / credit card info. People were easily attracted to borrowing by the advertisement and 0% financing mumbo jumbo.

However the will be problem will surfacing afterwards. The amount you borrowed will accumulate, and the fear of not being able to pay them in time will haunt you.

I've read an interesting writing several months ago about realising if you have over-borrowed money. The main criteria is... you are not bothered to look at your credit card statement! (yes the sign is as easy as that). Another sign would be you start to pay the minimum amount of the credit card.

Thankfully, I'm still not afraid to read my credit card statements, and I pay full amount of my credit card. Alhamdulillah.

So, the advice for you out there reading my blog. Don't borrow more than you can afford. Don't borrow money to buy new gadgets, because by the time you're half paid the money you borrowed, new gadgets will be on the stores. Read At-Takathur... and calm your lust for spending with it.

2 comments:

Norry said...

I vote for D90, better quality, stunning pictures....

Abangpi said...

Assalamulaikum Azrulfara,
nok tanya sikit, biasa kad kredit mende yg sesuai digunakan di Terengganu? saya dok rajing pakai kad kedit lagi tapi nok paka sebab nak isi minyak, beli dlm internet dan beli-beli kat supermarket sikit2. terima kasih.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...