Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Broadband in UK

I surfed the Internet, trying to find whether my house in Cymru is fibre optics broadband ready. We are living in a small town, and all giant companies usually doesn't take any interest in upgrading our tech life.

Then I found a website ranking the services of the Internet. They're saying that people could save more with Sky. BT customers is ought to pay almost 3 times the price for the same speed compared to Sky. (simplifydigital.co.uk)


Then I went to another website (broadbandchoices.co.uk), and found out that O2 is the overall winner for broadband overall rating. Hmm... should I consider about changing my broadband provider??


Whatever it is, I'm stucked with my ole BT, at least they're giving an unlimited Internet, and the installation was very breeze.

The lesson here is that, if you don't have a broadband connection yet, you better get O2, Sky or Virgin as your provider. Don't ever consider BT, I guess they will spend all your money on advertising.

4 comments:

Nic said...

I always use Simplifydigital to compare broadband myself but BT seems to be ranked pretty badly by both there.

BT was my first ever ISP and I never had any problems with it, I just found that I could get something better for less money. They are pretty pricey.

azrul said...

Yes, BT should speed up their Internet or reduce their prices.

I just can't wait to finish my contract...

Nic said...

How long are you tied in for?

azrul said...

another year

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...